These days, small businesses need to establish an online presence to build credibility and ensure that customers can find them easily. Having a website allows you to sell and promote your products and services online, too. Are you concerned that you don’t have enough resources for a dedicated server that is crucial for on-site transactions? Don’t worry-VPS hosting can be the ideal and cost-effective alternative to a dedicated server. It may have some similarities with a dedicated server, but it is more affordable for small businesses. Here are the top five reasons why VPS hosting is better for small businesses:
- Scalability – When a small business has just started, it may not need to spend a lot for expensive resources. However, as it continues to grow, its web host should be able to grow with it, too. VPS hosting can easily be scaled to suit the growing requirements of the business. This way, business owners can be sure that are paying only for the hosting services that they need.
- Controllable – Shared hosting may be cheaper, but it does not allow control at the roots. VPS hosting offers root access, just like with a dedicated server, but at a lower cost. With more control, a small business can have more authority the deepest levels of the service and make changes easily.
- Customizable – A dedicated server typically comes with many different features, but a small business may not need all of them. Many VPS hosting providers offer many options in add-ons and default services that come with their packages, and a business can customize them as it scales the service up or down.
- Easy to manage – Staff that has never managed or created a website before or have minimal experience in those tasks will find VPS hosting ideal, since it is beginner-friendly. Hence, simple technical issues can easily be dealt with, and the small business can leave the more complex technical problems to the hosting provider’s reliable support team.
- Secure – For a lower price, a small business can get a secure server with VPS hosting. Reputable providers offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, too, in case the business finds the service unsatisfactory.